Sunday, July 1, 2007

Articles and Press Releases Written by Sara Pentz

What Makes a Good Writer
Start With The Who

By Sara Pentz

Then ask the how, when, where and what. These questions are the basis of good writing. But the essence of writing is the answer to the question why. Ask why and you'll discover the reason a product was created, a service is needed and a person is valuable.

I am a writer with years of experience in many forms of print and media communications. I have written for radio, television, newspapers, internal journals, trade publications and magazines. I have ghost written articles, optimized press releases, and created speeches in the voice of the speaker. I have written public relations and marketing plans. And I have taught master classes for both small business entrepreneurs and for university students.

I have written about real estate, art and architcture, theater, science, new products, aviation, manufacturing, high tech equipment, lasers and measuring equipment, fashions, the media, search optimization, film and video production, and much more. A good writer can write about any subject with enough research and dedication.

My expertise lies in my ability to pull information from people through a question-asking process that will give the end product a unqiue angle, perspective or insight.

To ask 'why' is to question.

To continue asking 'why' is to understand.

No comments: